“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.
Welcome Students and Parents!
Class Agendas & Assignments:
PLEASE visit your SCHOOLOGY class page!
English 11 Class Agendas and Assignments
AP Language Class Agendas and Assignments
Journalism Class Agendas and Assignments
Assignments and information are available there under folders.
Presentations that include assignments, notes, and information are listed in weekly folders.
Parents, you have access to Schoology! Please review how to access Schoology here: Parent Access to Schoology.
Make Up Work & Grading:
Make up work can be found on our class SCHOOLOGY page, in personal class folders, or from a peer.
Grades will be calculated into the following weighted categories:
40% - Formative Assessments (homework, some quizzes, drafts of articles and
columns, vocabulary, etc.)
60% – Summative Assessments (projects, tests, prompts, final articles and
columns, some quizzes)
Codes for the grades on the home access center are as follows:
: The assignment was just collected, look for a code within the next 24 hours
– not graded, meaning you handed the work in but it has not been graded. This is not factored into your average.
– means you missed the assignment due to an absence. You have one week to make up summative assessments and two days to make up formative assessments. This is factored as a zero into your average.
– means the assignment was collected and not completed by you. This is factored as a zero into your average.
– means the assignment was completed in class but you forgot to submit it. This is factored as a zero into your average.
– means you are excused from the assignment. This is not factored into your average
Questions or Concerns?:
If you have a question about an assignment, grade, or anything really, please contact me anytime at
Follow me on Twitter! @mrslouder
After 2:30pm I am available at (302) 241-2400 x1212.
Dover High School
One Dover High Drive
Dover DE 19904
© 2018 rSchoolToday.com - School Web Sites